Chalcosoma atlas

Adult Pair

Stock Description:

Adult Pair
Generation time: 9-16 Months
Rearing Substrate: 30% Decayed Oak Leaves : 70% Decayed Oak wood
Source: CB

Source: CF

£39.00

In stock

Qty:

Species Info:

Origin

Sumatra

Lifestyle

Terrestrial

Temp

18-26

Leg Span

upto 12

Disposition

Easy

Suitability

1

These giant beetles from Asia have a forked horn like the dinosaur Triceratops. There as easy to keep and breed, the only down size is they are comparatively short lived so adult needs to be bred as soon as possible. For breeding the need a minimum of 40ltrs of substrate containing 30% leaf humus and 70% Decayed wood.

For breeding should boxes with just under 40 L volume (rather However 60-100 L) are selected and harvested. The males can be impressive 10-12 cm tall. D a and the larvae are voracious accordingly to be large and rapidly to transform the magnificent beetles, they need a lot of substrate and accordingly place. The larvae can be reared on a similar substrate just shredded as fine as possible with additional protein supplementation.

Recommended Products